- 1 Kali Linux 2017.3 is Released with New & Updated Tools for Pentesters
- 2 Kali Linux 2017.2 Released – 20 New Hacking Tools Added in the new version
- 3 Kali Linux 2017.2 New Features
- 4 Hacking Tols in Kali Linux 2017.2
- 5 Update Kali installation , if already installed
- 6 Download Kali Linux 2017.2 ISO Files and Torrent Files
Kali Linux is the successor of old Ubuntu based Backtrack Linux. It is hacking & pen testing OS. The new version is a rolling release where a user can receives all the updates after it is installed once. There is no need to reinstall.
Kali Linux 2017.3 is Released with New & Updated Tools for Pentesters
Kali Linux is a very popular Pen testing Operating System which is developed & released by Offensive Security. The developers of Offensive security released a rolling version of the Kali Linux OS , which can be updated easily.
This continued in 2017 with two previous versions of Kali Linux i.e. Kali Linux 2017.1 & 2017.2. The latest version is now released in November after two months i.e. Kali Linux 2017.3
Changes and new tools in Kali Linux 2017.3
The latest release of Kali Linux is powered by Linux Kernel 4.13.10, which provides us more new updates in the new version.
- The EXT4 directories can have 2 billion entries.
- Built in TLS support in kernel.
- CIFS uses SMB 3.0 by default
The psoftwar packages of Kali Linux 2017.3 are updated. Some notable tools are written as follows.
- Veil 3.0
- Reaver v1.6.3
- Social Engineering Toolkit v7.7.4
- O-Saft 17.04.17
- cuckoo 2.0.4,
- Burpsuite v1.7.27,
- Pixiewps v1.3, and
- There were bugs in some packages which are resolved now. (Metasploit, Openvas 9, Setoolkit, Nmap)
Newly Introduced Tools in Kali Linux 2017.3
- InSPY :- Finds people on LinkedIn on the basis of required criteria.
- CherryTree :- A simple note taking tool.
- Sublist3r :- It can Enumerates subdomains across multiple sources. With Sub-Brute you can brute force sub-domains using a wordlist.
- OSRFramework :- It enumerate users, domains, etc. with a collection of scripts.
- Massive Maltego Metamorphosis :- Combination of Maltego and Casefile.
How to Update your Existing Kali installation
If you have already installed Kali Linux in your PC, then with the help of three commands, you can upgrade your system.
- apt update
- apt dist-upgrade
Download Kali 2017.3 ISO and Torrent files
If you are going to make a new installation, then you can download it in any form i.e. ISO file, Virtual Box & VMWare images. You can visit the official website of Official website of Kali Linux to download it. Download Kali Linux 2017.3
So if you are Kali Linux user & going to use this new version of Kali, then you can comment below & share your views here. Thank You.
Kali Linux 2017.2 Released – 20 New Hacking Tools Added in the new version
If you are Linux user & mostly interested in Hacking & pen testing, then you must have a interest in Kali Linux. Kali Linux is the most popular OS in the pen-testing field. This Linux Distro is made by Offensive security& is developed by the secret developers. The new version of Kali Linux came with new tools & fixes.
For all the readers , who don’t know about the Kali Linux, we are giving a brief introduction for the same. Kali Linux is the best pen-testing OS for hackers & security researchers. This Linux distro has almost all hacking Tools built-in with the installation.
Some Popular Books to learn Kali Linux
Kali Linux 2017.2 New Features
There are various fixes & updates that are added to the new version. The development team of this distro has worked to improve the integration of Kali Linux with other Linux distro. This version has also sorted the Program usage examples.
Hacking Tols in Kali Linux 2017.2
Here we are going to explain some of the new hacking tools. Some of them are described below.
- hurl – This is used as a URL encoder / decoder for hexadecimal.
- phishery – You can inject SSL-enabled basic auth phishing URL into a docx word document.
- ssh-audit – SSH server auditor which checks encryption types , banner , compression etc.
- apt2 – This automated pen testing Toolkit can run its own scans & imports results & take action on them.
- bloodhound – Reveals hidden & unintended relationship within active directory using graph theory.
- crackmapexec – It automates assessment of large Active Directory networks
- dbeaver – The Graphical based GUI manager supports databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite.
Update Kali installation , if already installed
If you are a Kali Linux user , then you can update this by using some of the commands & upgrade it into 2017.2 version.
1. apt update2. apt dist-upgrade3. reboot
Download Kali Linux 2017.2 ISO Files and Torrent Files
Kali Linux 2017.2 is available for 32 bit & 64 bit versions. The developers have updated the Kali ARM & Virtual images so as to choose the best for you. If you are installing a new version of Kali Linux , then you have to install it from the ISO files or torrent. You can download it from the download page.