- 1 Parrot Linux install – Parrot OS 3.11 Latest version Review
- 1.1 Features of Parrot 3.11 Review
- 1.2 Book to learn Parrot OS
- 1.3 Features & specification of Parrot Linux – Parrot Security OS Tutorial PDF
- 1.4 Features of Parrot Linux – Parrot OS Tools
- 1.5 Parrot OS Commands Tutorial PDF
Hacking cannot be done without tools. These tools are the foundations of hacking.Today we are going to provide you some details about Parrot Linux. A Linux distribution which is helpful for the hackers to grow some knowledge & practice it.
Parrot Linux install – Parrot OS 3.11 Latest version Review
Parrot Linux is a very simple Operating System that is a very user friendly OS used for the purpose of Hacking. Many tools & software packages are already packed in it. These bunch of software is used for hacking as well as other daily usage.It is closely related to Debian Linux.
Features of Parrot 3.11 Review
The new release has so many new improvements & security fixes compared to the previous versions.
- Updated version of the Linux 4.14 kernel.
- A new car hacking menu now contains a collection of useful open source tools in the automotive industry to test real world cars or simulate CANBus networks.
- Metasploit and postgresql are now patched to work flawlessly out of the box in live mode.
- Other important updates include Firefox 58, increased installer stability, many updated security tools and some important graphic improvements.
- Parrot Studio was reintroduced with many improvements, this special derivative of Parrot is designed for multimedia production as an improved version of Parrot Home for workstations, with many useful productivity tools pre-installed.
- This release will probably be the last version of the 3.x series (except for eventual security updates), and we wanted to include some of the changes that we planned for parrot 4.x as a gift for our community.
Book to learn Parrot OS
Features & specification of Parrot Linux – Parrot Security OS Tutorial PDF
Parrot linux is based on kernel 4.1 & debian 8. It’s desktop is based on MATE. Display manager is “lightdm”.There are many features in this linux which specifically places it as a unique one.
Features of Parrot Linux – Parrot OS Tools
A very unique feature that makes it different from other Linux OS. Tools that can encrypt a file, partition or whole drive.Like this there are many other anti-forensic tools which can be used by businesses to secure their data.
This tool is a very useful tool for a forensic expert. As you know the data used by computer is stored in RAM temporarily & get erased after the computer is shut down. The statement above is false partially. Pandora’s box is a tool that is used by the forensic expert to recover the data which was on the RAM after shutdown. This can disclose all the details or tasks that were done by the previous user.
This tool will ask you to opt for the data to store secretly when the user is going to shutdown the system.This tool can be activated by the Super User only.Pandora’s box can remove the data from RAM if required.
RAM only surfing
This is a browser called iceweasel that will surf Internet but will provide any access to your hard drive. The data you will access in the browser can not be seen to other users. But still there will a question that the data in RAM can be accessed , Pandora’s Box will look after this.
There is tool known as Anonsurf which helps in surfing Internet without leaving any traces of your Identity. This is done by TOR browser. All the traffic of the user will be directed by TOR browser. In India, TOR networks are active, so the anonymous surfing can be done easily. It will also hide your DNS via TOR.
Penetration testing is one of the critical testing of a software or network. This type of testing helps the hacker to know about the anomalies in the system. After he will knew about the bugs in that system He can help the system owner to increase the security towards it. While this information can be used in some unethical ways too. I won’t suggest you to think like that.
There are many tools by which pen testing can be done. Some of them are packet sniffer,man in the middle attacks, brute force attacks etc. If you are familiar in using Linux then you must know about the tools used in Kali & Backtrack linux, the it would be very easy to switch on to Parrot Linux.
This is a very summarized introduction about Parrot Linux. This will help the users to know more about the Parrot linux. In the next section. I will be telling about the installation of Parrot Linux.
Parrot OS Commands Tutorial PDF
- sudo : – This command is used to get the Admin Access after you enter admin password.
- su: – This command is for Root Access.
- apt-get install: – This command install Tools from Distro’s Server.
- apt-get update: – This command is used to check Update Repository From Distro’s server.
Parrot Security OS System Requirements
The system requirements for Parrot are:
- CPU: x86 with at least 700Mhz
- Architecture: i386, amd64 (x86-64bit), 486 (legacy x86), armel, and armhf
- RAM: At least 256MB for i386 and 320MB for amd64. 512MB recommended
- GPU: No graphic acceleration required
- HDD: ~16GB required for installation
- BOOT: Legacy bios preferred
Buy These Linux Books to get a Kick Start in Linux Career
- apt-get upgrade: – This is used to download Update Repository From Distro’s server.
- git clone: – This command is used to clone any file from GitHub Website.
- cd .. : – Command to go back one step in a directory.
- clear: – This command is used to clear the Terminal.
- poweroff :- This command is to ShutDown the system.
- 9. chmod +x Example.py : – This command adds the executable permission for a file.
- ./ : – This Command Is Use For Run Python And Perl Programs. (./example.py )
- ls: – Shows the list of files in the current Directory.
Parrot Security OS default password and username
In Parrot Linux live environment, the default username is user and the default password is toor.
Parrot Security OS 3.9 (Intruder) review & DownloadParrot OS 3.9 is the latest OS that is released by FrozenBox. This latest version of OS has mostly the same features that the former version has.The main Features of Parrot 3.6 are
- Fire-jail sand-boxing
- Tomoyo support
If you find the information useful then please give us your feedback to us & let us know about my work. You can also contact me via Facebook. Thank You.