In the today’s world where computer has become a necessity in everyone’s life. What’s next if you are an IT student then you must be having some special computer tricks that can show to your friends. This article is enlisted with some of those which an IT student must know.
Some Computer tricks in 2017
Change Windows Password without knowing the current one
This can be done while the computer is logged in.
- Right click on My Computer & click manage.
- Now go to Local Users & Group > Users. The list of users will be displayed.
- Right click on a User & set password for it.
- A window will appear & click on proceed.
- Enter the new password for two times & click on OK.
Block a website by doing this
- Press Windows + R & type %windir%\system32\drivers\etc in it.
Hire a Content Writer From here
- Open Notepad as Administrator & open the host file from the etc folder.
- Now type & name of Websites which you want to block in the given format.
Note that your browser must be closed before doing this trick, else this will not work.
Redirect a Website to another
This means if someone types youtube.com & you want him to see Facebook then do this.
- Open Cmd & type tracert facebook.com, this will tell you the IP address of Facebook.
- Type the Address of YouTube in the hosts file
Now every time anyone who will type YouTube will be redirected to facebook.com
Boost Your Broadband Speed
You can change some internal factors that can speed up your Broadband speed.
- Open Command prompt as admin and type netsh int tcp show global.
- Change the TCP parameters by these commands. Write them in a notepad file & save the file as Speedbooster.bat
netsh int tcp show global
netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
- Now run this file in Admin mode. Your Internet Speed will be increase 20-30%.
- To reset the TCP global parameters to their default values Type these in notepad & save as Reset.bat and run as administrator.
netsh int tcp show global
netsh int tcp set global chimney=default
netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none
Combine the speed of two internet connection
This is beneficial if you have a Dongle & a Broadband connection.
- Open Run windows & type “ncpa.cpl”.
- Select the two network drivers & select bridge connections.
- Now your speed of Internet will be addition of two connections.
Use ctrl+shift+Esc instead of ctrl+alt+del to go to task manager directly.
Encrypt Files & Folders
- Right click on the file or folder & select properties.
- Click on advance & check on Encrypt contents to secure data option.
- Click OK & apply.
Now the file can be seen by you only & opened only when you have the encrypted key.
Create Non-deleting & Non-Renaming Files
You can create such folders by adding keywords like con, aux, lpt1, lpt2, lpt3, lpt4, lpt5, lpt6, lpt7, lpt8 and lpt9 in the file name.
- Open cmd & type the name of drive where you file must be created.
- Type “md con” & press enter. Other keywords can be used for the same.
- Folder can be deleted by manual action. Use rd con to delete them.
Disable recent Document history
- Open CMD, Type regedit & press enter.
- Go to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer”.
- Now create a NoRecentDocsHistory D_WORD key.
- Set Data Value to 1 to enable restrictions & Restart the computer.
To enable it again Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer” and delete “NoRecentDocsHistory” file.
Details of You Internet Connection
Use Command ipconfig/all to find the information like IP address, DNS server address.
Also visit http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 from your browser to check the devices attached to your Internet Connection.
These are ten computer tricks that will help anytime in your life. Even a non-tech guy will also find it useful for him. If you find the article useful, then write us in the comment box. Thank You.