If you can make your phone number look like a private number then this will be helpful for anyone if you could do it. If you want to have fun from that , then you can do this to call your friends & make them scare. There will be no number displayed on their phone which will be more horrifying.
In daily life , many of us calls many strangers who can be stalkers too. In case of a lady’s number , many people start start stalking them using their phone numbers. If your is shown as private number in the screen then nothing will happen like this.
How to appear Mobile Number look as Private Number
To do this we need to know some points.
- How to enable private number & it pre requirement.
- Your Phone should have the option to block the Caller ID.
- The mobile operator should allow using private number. In India this practice is not allowed.
- Mobile operators charges an extra amount of money for activation of private number.
- The service is not available to prepaid users by most mobile network operators. May be some have exceptions.
After all these conditions are satisfied, then you can hide the caller ID using the methods described below. This can be done by device settings. If you have already enabled the private number service then you can use for occasional calling. For ex :- if you are calling a number xxx-xxx-xxxx then you can add +55 code in the number & the person you call will see the number as *+55xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Three methods to hide your Number & make a private call
Use Caller ID Blocking Prefix
The caller ID prefix is different for all countries or can be same in some countries. In some countries you can add a code before dialling a number & your phone number will not be displayed in someone’s phone. The code is different for all countries & the service provider. It is not possible to block a number in all countries. For India the prefix code is *31#. Use this code in the beggining of the number. For example *31#xxxxxxxxxx this code is applicable to India users only.
- North America: *67 or #31#,
- Albania, Australia, Denmark, Greece, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway: #31#
- Argentina, Iceland, Switzerland, South Africa: *31*,
- Germany: *31# or #31#,
- Hong Kong: 133,
- Japan: 184,
- UK and Ireland: 141,
- New Zealand: 0197 (Telecom) or *67 (Vodafone),
- Australia: 1831 or #31#
- India: *31#.
Permanent Caller ID Blocking
If you want to hide your Number from all phone calls , contact your service provider for this & set up Permanent Block service for Caller ID. The operator will charge few money for it which is varying to every operator.
Hire a Content Writer From here
- A pre-paid number can’t be used for permanent Caller ID blocking.
- To use the code *31# you need to enable the Caller ID blocking.
Hide Your Number Through Your Device Settings
Many phones can allow you to hide your Caller ID by phone’s settings. If you can’t find the settings then you need to follow the previous method for the same.
The steps to enable it using your phone is
- The android version must be 4.1 or later. Open Menu > Call settings > Caller ID > Hide number.
- For iPhone: Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID > ON/ OFF.
- Windows: Phone app > More button (…) > Settings > Show my caller ID to > No one/My contacts.
Why you should not use private number
- Many people disable the Anonymous calls , which will never let you connect to such people.
- If you want to switch from block number to unblock number you need to use the prefix code for it. For India i.e. *31#
That’s all for today. There are three methods we know to make a phone number as a private number. If you are going to do it, then please tell how you did to make your number private.
If you like the information then please write comment & let us know. Like us on Facebook for more Updates. Thank You.