If you have forgot your password in a windows computer than you can easily reset windows password using this simple trick. This trick will be done in the command prompt. If you want to login to your computer without the original password. It will also save your data that resides in your computer.
It is a very good practice of securing our computer with a password. Sometimes it becomes a problem when you yourself forgot the password. This password can be remembered back by the hint that is given in the login window. But if also won’t work for you. Then there is no other choice rather than format the whole computer which results in the lose of data in the C drive.Now we will provide a method to reset windows password.
Use of sticky keys to reset windows password
As we don’t know much use of the sticky keys in the windows platform, but you can use then to reset windows password. This will be helpful for you to prompt command window. This command window will be used in the Login screen. Your login details can be modified using the sticky keys. Please have a look if you don’t know the method.
Also Read : How to remove virus infection without anti-virus
Most of the times we don’t put so much important data in the C drive. But before i knew this trick I have had also lost my data once. After a little study & research on Internet, I found this method to reset windows password. I will be very glad to know if any of you will get a benefit from this.
Hire a Content Writer From here
The requirement for the whole trick is written here.
- The drive letter in which you have installed windows. Most of the times Windows OS is installed in the C drive, but can be in a different one.
- Windows Installation disk or call it Windows repair disk.
Reset Windows Password Using Command Prompt
- Insert your Windows Installation Disc.
- Now boot your computer with the disc.
- Select your preferred language.
- Now click on Troubleshoot.
- This will show six options & you have to select the command prompt.
- A command window will appear.
- Enter this command in the command prompt. copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\
- After this enter another command i.e. copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe.
- If you have used the method once before than it will ask to confirm the overwrite. If this happened type All press enter.
- Now type exit & press enter. Restart you PC.
- Now when the login window appears, click n password box & press shift five times.
- This will show you a command window.
- Now type this command. net user username password.
- In the above command replace the username with your PC’s username & password which you are going to setup for now.
- After the command your password is set up with the new one. You can now login with the new password.
- Now exit the command prompt.
Note :- This method is 100% working in windows 10. May be in the other versions of windows there may be a little difference in the options but the method & commands will be same.This methods is also not helpful to reset the Microsoft account. This can only reset windows password of a local account.
If you find this article helpful in solving your problem then please let us know. We are here to provide you some of the best tricks that will be helpful for the PC users. If you have any suggestions regarding any of our content, drop a comment in comment box.Thank You.